"That... was... Amazing! *chuckle* They were all like, 'What, who was this guy!?' Ha! Then I was like, serious, then I was all, 'HURAAGH!' And then the lava was, 'whoosh', and they were all, 'AAAHH! NOO! WHYY!?' *chortle* What a bunch of dorks. This is going to be... Fun!"
Lord Dominator is the main antagonist of the second season of Wander Over Yonder, replacing Lord Hater. She is the former lead in the Galactic Villain Leaderboard. She takes pride in her mayhem the same way a bully enjoys messing with nerdy kids, and, to Dominator, the whole galaxy is full of nerdy kids.
Lord Dominator is a tall, humanoid alien woman with pale-green skin, red freckles, pointy ears, bright pink eyes (sclera), and white hair that's been shaved into a lengthy mohawk. She wears thick, black mascara, black eyeliner that's drawn on to resemble running teardrops, and black lipstick.
When going into battle, her helmet's retractable, skull-like mask covers her face and her power suit transforms into a giant, brawny suit of mech armor that covers her from head-to-toe like a cloak. Out of battle, Dominator's power suit takes the form of a black crop top with spiked shoulder pads, a black, floor-length skirt with a thigh-high split on each side, and yellow gloves just like Lord Hater's. She also wears a black helmet topped with giant serrated yellow horns, socks similar to Wander's, and shoes similar to Lord Hater's. Dominator's insignia, a dripping red heart that looks like it was painted in blood, adorns the front of her crop top. Although less noticeable, it can also be seen on her fully-armored form.
In her giant mech armor, Dominator's an imposing silent force who drains planets dry in order to use their resources, namely Volcanium X, to power her fleet and power suit. Under the mask, however, she’s overly-enthusiastic girl who absolutely geeks out over wreaking chaos and destruction. Dominator is just as hyperactive as Wander is, if not even more so, and frequently screams, laughs, and bounces around in excitement over her own evildoing. Despite her true personality, however, Dominator is a sadistic menace through and through. Rather than conquer the entire galaxy, she wishes to destroy it for her own amusement. Friendship is a foreign concept to her, so much that she initially believed it to be another word for subservience, and she quickly wrote it off as being "dumb and way overrated" after learning that friends aren't people who follow your every command.
As hinted at by Wander, the reason why Lord Dominator acts like such a "bully," i.e., ceaselessly torments but never kills Wander and his friends, is because she's lonely and likes to spend time with them, albeit in her own cruel and antagonizing way. Although, she understands, in a way, that she longs for companionship, she continuously denies it.
Dominator's most prominent ability is her power over lava, being able to generate it from her body to fire as projectiles, shape it into different weapons, or change into her battle form at will. Her ship is equipped with a specialized drill that mines lava directly from a planet's core to serve as fuel or material with which to manufacture her minions in on-board factories.
During the fight for the Ring of Invincibility, she demonstrated the ability to fire an energy wave from her visor powerful enough to vaporize Hater's ship in one shot.
Following the events of "My Fair Hatey," Dominator gained the power over ice and snow. She acquired these powers when Peepers attempted to destroy her ship's core with the frostonium Ray, not knowing that this would backfire. She still keeps her fire and lava powers and uses them in conjunction with this ability, making her twice as powerful. As of "The End of the Galaxy," she has become proficient in its use, shown when she created an ice sculpture decoy of Sylvia before immobilizing Wander in ice.
Her abilities appear to be tied to her armor. While disguised as "D" in "The Night Out", she could not use her normal lava powers, but was still strong and agile enough to hold her own in a fight.
As revealed in "The Flower," Dominator is not immune to common allergens or diseases. When the flower in question sprayed pollen in her face, Dominator began to sneeze uncontrollably, buying Wander and Sylvia time to escape.
Lord Hater became jealous over Lord Dominator's ship and all of her weapons, powers, and minions, and tried to defeat her, but was forced to escape with Wander, Sylvia and Peepers. He hoped to defeat her and reclaim the title of "Greatest in the Galaxy". However, this often proves difficult as he cannot get over his obsession over destroying Wander.
During an all-out battle royale of villains for a powerful "Ring of Invincibility" in "The Battle Royale", Hater faced Dominator again, not knowing that not only was the ring made of candy, but it was also originally a plan to hook both villains up by Wander who discovered that Dominator was a girl. (It's worth mentioning that it seems Dominator knew the ring was candy from the beginning.) Hater did not know of Dominator's true identity until he successfully knocked off her helmet. Despite another defeat, he fell madly in love with her. This is a one-sided relationship as Dominator did not feel the same way about Hater. In "The New Toy", she tricks Hater into giving her the keys to the H.A.T.E.R.V. and when he finally told her "I love you" she said in disgust that "I know", definitely implying that she does not return Lord Hater's affection due to his desperate and dorky antics, and in fact she is using his attraction to her to manipulate him.
In "My Fair Hatey", she laughs at Lord Hater for asking her out and calling him and Wander idiots. She tells them through a song that she enjoy crushing others hopes and dreams and doesn't care about anyone else. Hater realizes she is not into him and continues to compete with her as the greatest in the Galaxy.
In "The End of the Galaxy" she was shocked to see Hater being so competent that she couldn't believe it since she sees Hater as a "terrible bad guy". This made Dominator feel desperate that she tried to insult Hater so he can stop using his force field but she fails when others begin cheering for Hater.
Wander tries to make friends with Lord Dominator in the episode, "The Greater Hater." However, he was constantly ignored or tossed aside while she continues her attack on a planet Lord Hater was planning to conquer. Wander took it as if Lord Dominator didn't want to be his friend. When he found out that she's actually a girl, Wander decide to pair Lord Hater and Dominator together hoping their evil would canceled out each other. The plan semi-worked because Hater fell in love with her. In "My Fair Hatey", she called Wander (along with Hater) idiots for even thinking that she would date Hater or wants friends and love. Then through a song she made Wander realize how cold and heartless she is and she would never fall in love with Hater, but the song fails to convince him that she cannot change for the better.
As of "The End of the Galaxy", Wander remained persistent and once more tried to reason with Dominator, only for Dominator to repeatedly refuse his offer of friendship and hold him captive. However, her tough exterior begins to crack as she is defeated by Hater. After witnessing this, Wander finally understands her a bit better and saves her from the destruction of her ship. Unfortunately, despite Wander reaching Dominator at a deeper emotion level, she still declines his friendship.
In "The Rival", Lord Dominator invited Awesome onto her ship so he could show her a secret weapon, and so Emperor Awesome could woo her. However, the secret weapon was really just Awesome's muscular body, of which he hoped would woo her. She pretended to like it, but she touched him with her lava glove and trapped him in rock before kicking him off her ship and blasting him. Initially, it was speculated as to whether or not Dominator killed him; however, as it turned out she was holding Emperor Awesome prisoner. In "The Bad Neighbors", it has been proven that he had escaped her ship, but now shows signs of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) as he can't even say her name without getting freaked out.
Sylvia is an enemy of Dominator and usually has no qualms about fighting against her, perfectly willing to end her reign of terror in "My Fair Hatey". In "The Night Out", however, Dominator encountered Sylvia while visiting a karaoke bar in disguise and struck up a friendship with the Zbornak, starting a bar fight in the process. After a fun-filled chase through the city, however, their friendship ended when Dominator refused to apologize to the bar's owner, attempted to seize control of his criminal empire, then refused to save Sylvia from the owner's carnivorous pit monster (believing friendship to be another word for obedience), reverting to their usual antagonistic relationship. In "The Flower", Dominator feigned forgetting Sylvia's name before attempting to destroy her, and in "The End of the Galaxy," Dominator destroyed an ice sculpture of Sylvia to lure Wander out of hiding, then proceeded to mock him for it. She really didn't care for Sylvia even when she had fun hanging with her, showing that she was able to kill her with the drill if it wasn't for Hater's intervention.
- "The Rider" (Animatic only)
- "The Greater Hater" (First appearance)
- "The Big Day" (Mentioned only)
- "The Boy Wander" (Mentioned only)
- "The Axe" (Mentioned only)
- "The It" (Pictured only)
- "The Rager" (Pictured only)
- "The Good Bad Guy" (Pictured only)
- "The Battle Royale"
- "The Matchmaker"
- "The New Toy"
- "The Eye on the Skull Ship" (Mentioned only)
- "The Secret Planet" (Mentioned only)
- "The Bad Hatter" (Mentioned only)
- "The Show Stopper"
- "The Cartoon"
- "The Bot"
- "The Family Reunion" (Pictured only)
- "The Rival"
- "My Fair Hatey"
- "The Legend" (Pictured only)
- "The Bad Neighbors" (Mentioned only)
- "The Party Poopers" (Mentioned only)
- "The Hot Shot" (Mentioned only)
- "The Night Out"
- "The Search for Captain Tim" (Mentioned only)
- "The Heebie Jeebies" (Mentioned only)
- "The Sick Day" (Mentioned only)
- "The Sky Guy" (Mentioned only)
- "The Robomechabotatron"
- "The Flower"
- "The End of the Galaxy" (final appearance)
|The image gallery for Lord Dominator may be viewed here.|
- Her disguised form can be seen as a silhouette in the animatic of "The Rider".
- Craig McCracken confirmed on Twitter that her disguised form will be voiced by Fred Tatasciore, then later confirmed on Tumblr that her real form will be voiced by Noel Wells.
- Major Threat was originally a potential name for Lord Dominator but was deemed too "jokey". The name was later used for another character.
- According to Francisco Angones, Dominator uses the title of "Lord" instead of "Lady" because she likes to mess with people, and the reason her outfit resembles Lord Hater's was to irritate him as well, which was shown to have worked in her first episode, where Lord Hater was clearly angered by her copying his look.
- Similar to Lord Hater for having lightning powers, she has lava powers and can use her hands to turn into stuff.
- She, along with Dr. Screwball Jones, Mandrake the Malfeasant, Ryder and most of the competitors in the galaxy, is one of the few characters that Wander has been unable to befriend.
- She held every other villain in the galaxy prisoner except for Lord Hater and his army, as revealed in My Fair Hatey. However, according to Francisco Angones, they escaped with the Watchdogs at the end.
- In My Fair Hatey, it was revealed that instead of conquering the galaxy, her goal was to destroy it.
- In "The End of the Galaxy, it's revealed that the reason why she's so evil and devious is because she's lonely and doesn't have any friends.
- In The Night Out, it shows that she temporarily finds a friend in Sylvia, but pushes her friend away because how she loves to cause pain and destruction. She saw a friend as someone who will do whatever she says. She currently doesn't care about the concept of friendship or at least does not fully understand it, while still longing for companionship.
- ↑ McCracken, Craig. Fred Tatasciore is the voice of Lord Dominator. Retrieved on November 29, 2014.
- ↑ McCracken, Craig. Noel Wells is the voice of Lord Dominator's real form. Retrieved on July 12, 2015.
- ↑ http://suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/147315812401/if-dominator-was-a-bully-then-what-was-major