"The universe will soon be mine!"
Lord Hater is a villainous mastermind and the main antagonist of the animated show Wander Over Yonder. He is Wander's nemesis and ruler of the Hater army. His right-hand man is named Peepers, while his other minions are known as the Watchdogs.
Lord Hater is a power-hungry, short tempered, evil and cruel dictator. He hates being told what to do by those he declares lower than him, including his own henchman, Peepers. What he desires most is absolute rule of the entire galaxy, with no one to stand in his way. He despises Wander, as he is the physical opposite of everything that Hater is, and cannot stand him due to his superfluous optimism and obliviousness to his evil. This antipathy not only distracts him, but also drives him over the edge to complete impulsiveness and attempts to obliterate Wander, even putting his plans aside just to do so to the point that he even blames him as the sole threat to his plans. He is arrogant and can be easily distracted when he believes he has the upper hand in a situation.
Lord Hater's anger can also be his drive to focus completely on the task at hand, for instance when he realized his other nemesis Emperor Awesome was going to receive the chance of universal control before he could, Hater abandoned his conflict with Wander and easily took out the entire Fist Fighter army with one punch while rushing to Awesome, defeating him instantly.
Despite his reputation as a feared galactic conqueror and all above traits, Hater is exceedingly immature, prone to throwing temper tantrums and reacting irrationally to even the slightest grievance. His behavior thus, at times, resembles that of a cranky teenager rather than an intergalactic villain.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Energy Manipulation: Lord Hater has been shown projecting blasts of yellow green energy as well as creating force-fields.
- Speed Talking: He can talk extremely quickly as revealed in "The Picnic".
- Laser Hands: In "The Picnic", he gets angry about Wander's annoyance and chases him down some stairs shooting dodged lasers out of his hands. He uses a far more deadly spray against Peepers in "The Prisoner".
- Teleportation: Teleported by lightning in "The Greatest".
Lord Hater incredibly hates Wander and wants to capture him, kill him ("The Little Guy"), and even tried to kill him. ("The Brainstorm", "The Fancy Party"). Wander, however, is completely oblivious to the fact that Hater is a bad guy and even tries to play funny with him, though he gets aware on occasion. So far, the only episodes where these characters have not interacted with each other are "The Prisoner", "The Little Guy", and "The Bounty".
Despite the fact they're not friends ("The Prisoner"), Lord Hater and Peepers work with each other pretty well. Although, they have disagreed with each other ("The Brainstorm"), or despite the fact that Hater got mad at Peepers for failing to capture Wander and Sylvia ("The Prisoner", "The Bounty"), they still get along pretty good.
The exact relationship between Lord Hater and Sylvia is unknown, but he hates Sylvia too, but not as much as he hates Wander, like in "The Birthday Boy", Hater wanted Wander to keep getting hurt but not Sylvia, probably because he doesn't care about Sylvia or because he cared about Wander getting hurt more than Sylvia, Sylvia did physically try to fight Lord Hater in "The Greatest", but they will go out on a date in "The Date", and their relationship might evolve in that episode.
Like with Sylvia, the relationship they have with Hater is unknown, but like Peepers, they will do anything he says.
Lord Hater and Emperor Awesome are shown to have a rivalry, as revealed in "The Picnic", they had a rivalry to take over the universe, and they duked it out.
When Queen Entozoa and Lord Hater met, she at first didn't like him because she found him "desperate". But then, in Hater and the Queen, she fell in love with him, then Wander came in danced, Lord Hater moved him out of the way, and started dancing with Queen Entozoa, breaking her bones, because, he was weak and desperate, she made him leave, then he blasted down the door and the guards with his lightning bolts, and demanded that Entozoa should give him her power, and she did, because she now found Hater a strong man, but it turns out, it was some sort of dragon ghost that tried to take over Lord Hater's body and Wander saved him by doing the Heimlich, but the dragon ghost got transported into the sandwich for 1000 years and demanded to attack Hater, Wander, Sylvia, and Peepers. Their relationship now is unknown.
In Season 2, Lord Dominator will be Lord Hater's rival as "the greatest in the galaxy".
- "The Picnic"
- "The Greatest"
- "The Fugitives" (mentioned)
- "The Good Deed"
- "The Pet"
- "The Prisoner"
- "The Little Guy"
- "The Bounty"
- "The Birthday Boy"
- "The Day"
- "The Brainstorm"
- "The Fancy Party"
- "The Void" (brief minor appearance & appeared in the animatic)
- "The Gift 2: The Giftening"
- "The Date"
- "The Buddies"
- "The Stray"
- "The Funk"
- "The Enemies"
- The Galactic Rescue
- Global Wandering
- The Helpin' Hands (end title card only)
- Disney XD Villains Unite!
Solos (In A Duet)Edit
Solos (In A Group Number)Edit
- "Later Hater" (with Wander and Sylvia)
- "Disney XD 2014 Summer Anthem" (with Wander, Sylvia, Steve the Llama, and other Disney Channel/Disney XD characters)
"Lord Hater, Number 1 Superstar!!"
"Huh? I'm crying 'cause Wander and Sylvia got away! Who's Westley? (sobs)"
""GET OUT OF HERE!""
- Lord Hater is voiced by Keith Ferguson, who previously voiced Bloo in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, another show created by Craig McCracken.
- Lord Hater wears the same sneakers as Wilt, another character from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
- It is revealed in "The Good Deed" that Lord Hater does not have a girlfriend but really wants one. It implies that he is a tad lonely in life.
- Lord Hater's arms are detachable, as shown in "The Greatest".
- Lord Hater wears underpants, as shown twice in "The Picnic".
- He is also shown to enjoy rock and heavy metal music, which is notable in the music that accompanies him as well as in the design of his ship. It is also one of the selections for his music choice in his bedroom as shown in "The Prisoner".
- Hater bears a strong resemblance to The Horned King, the main antagonist of the 1985 Disney movie The Black Cauldron.
- He is called different in other countries:
- In France, his name is "Général Sans-Cœur (General No-Heart).
- For an unknown reason, he is called "Lord Fobia" in Spain. Which obviously means "Lord Phobia".
- In Latin American Spanish, he is called, "Don Odión".
- In Brazilian Portuguese, he is called, "Lorde Cólera" (Lord Cholera).
- In Japanese, he is just called, "Hater". (ヘイター).
- In Hungary, he is renamed, "Undi Nagy úr" (Mr N Undi).
- In Romania, he is called, "Urâcios" (Unpleasant).
- In Italy, his name is "Lord Terror".
- In Dutch, he is called "Heer Heethoofd", which translates to "Lord Hothead".
- In the Turkish version, he is called "Lord Nefret", which translates exactly to "Lord Hate".
- He is the first character to have a birthday celebrated, his birthday being celebrated in "The Birthday Boy".
- He is revealed to like glitter in "The Birthday Boy".
- As of October 4, 2014, Lord Hater is the only character to have a speaking role in all of his appearances, so far.
- The pattern on Lord Hater's robe resembles blood dripping.
- The episode "The Fancy Party" reveals he doesn't like the color purple.
- In "The Gift 2: The Giftening", it's revealed that his codename is "Bone Daddy".
- It also revealed that he has a mini ship inside his own ship.
Relationships with other mediaEdit
- Main article: List of cast members in other languages
|The image gallery for Lord Hater may be viewed here.|
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJeKXZmmZoo
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkEAB7fL_0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJeKXZmmZoo
- ↑ http://sylvia-thezbornak.tumblr.com/post/81332920471/kyleboy21da-after-looking-at-the-production
- ↑ http://disneyxd.disney.nl/shows/wanders-wereld/karakters